Once you have worked through a personal challenge for a while, one that you’ve really had to fight that has rewarded you with some beautiful insights and helpful life tools, you may feel the drive to aid someone else in a similar struggle. What a wonderful desire! Bless you for that!
In the early stages of my health saga, I heard someone say, “Make your MESS your MESSAGE.” I can’t remember for sure, but I think it was a guest on the Oprah Show. Even though I was overwhelmed by my own mess at the time, this message resonated with me. And though I didn’t formally consider acting on it, I felt a draw to the idea. I longed for the capability to help someone else who was struggling as I was. I realized that I yearned to relieve the burdens that others were feeling. I wanted to bring them hope and comfort from their worries.
So, not that I have everything figured out - not by a long shot - I am writing this blog in the hope that what I have learned and discovered while living with this chronic challenge might just help someone out there in cyberspace. I want to share those insights and revelations that I have learned and that have helped me in my journey over the last 17 years. Hopefully, something that I write or provide on this blog will lift a burden, inspire hope or encourage real living again in someone who is reading this. And, if you want to share something that has helped you through your challenges, please email me your thoughts or your story and I will pass them on. Your voice might just be what someone reading this needs to hear!